Welcome to RITC 2018!
As participants for this year's competition, this area of the website is dedicated to you and your needs. We hope you find it informative and we look forward to seeing you in February.
If you need a visa to come to Canada, it is strongly recommended that you read the section "International Competitors - Visa" below.
Canada's visa laws have been undergoing changes in recent years, making the process to acquire a VISA longer than in the past. It is each individual competitor's responsibility to inquire if they need a visa to enter Canada, and to apply for one if necessary. Click here to find out if you need a visa. It is also recommended that all competitors from outside of Canada purchase travel health insurance.
It can take up to six weeks to receive a visa, please apply as soon as you can.
RITC is a professional business competition, so participants are expected to dress in either business casual or business formal attire. The exception is for the Quantitative Outcry case where competitors wear distinguishing clothing or uniforms (such as noticeable hats, jerseys, or trading jackets) in order to more easily distinguish team members in the trading pit.
Please note, that the average temperature in Toronto in February is -8 degrees Celsius (15 degrees Fahrenheit). We suggest that you bring appropriate winter clothing, and that you check the weather forecasts before you pack for the competition.
The host hotels for this year's competition are InterContintental Toronto Yorkville and Chelsea Hotel Toronto. You may find booking information for special rates below.
The InterContinental Hotel offers a special rate of $229.00 CAD per night, plus applicable taxes, valid through February 6th, 2018. This rate is based on the Superior Room Category - Two Queen Bed Guestrooms or One King Bed Guestrooms, based on availability.
For reservations please quote the code MW6 or say that you are attending the Rotman International Trading Competition when booking with the hotel. For any concerns, please contact Liliane Wong at email@example.com.
The Chelsea Hotel offers a special rate starting at $139.00 CAD per night, plus applicable taxes, valid through January 30th, 2018. This rate is based on the Chelsea Rooms Category depending on availability.
For reservations please follow this link: here or call toll free 1-800-243-5732 and mention you are participating in RITC 2018 when booking with the hotel. For any concerns, please contact Yuliya Trybialustava at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about logging on to the University of Toronto wireless network, please click here. We will provide your team with a login and password to access to the U of T Wireless network at our registration table upon your arrival.
The universities registered for RITC 2018 will be updated on this page within 1-3 business days of registration.
- Babson College
- Baruch College Master of Financial Engineering
- Carnegie Mellon University Master of Science in Computational Finance
- China Europe International Business School
- City University of Hong Kong Department of Economics and Finance
- Columbia University
- Concordia University
- Copenhagen Business School
- Fairfield University
- Fordham University
- HEC Montreal
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur
- LUISS Guido Carli University of Rome Department of Economics and Finance
- McGill University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- New York University Tandon School of Engineering
- Oklahoma State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Queen's University Smith School of Business
- Quinnipiac University
- Reykjavik University
- Rutgers UniversityMSMF and MQF Programs
- Ryerson University
- Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance
- St. Mary's University
- Texas Christian University Neeley School of Business
- Trinity College Dublin
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Université Laval
- University College Dublin
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Chicago
- University of Connecticut
- University of Economics in Bratislava
- The University of Hong Kong
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Minnesota
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa Telfer School of Management
- University of South Africa
- University of Sydney
- University of Toronto
- University of Virginia
- University of Waterloo
- University of Windsor
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
The following represents the schedule for RITC 2017.
We are very thankful to our sponsors for supporting RITC 2017, the competition would not be possible without their help! We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors listed below.
Main Sponsor - Gold Level
For more information about our Main Sponsor, BP, please visit their website at www.bp.com
Case Sponsors - Silver Level
For more information about our Case Sponsor, Flow Traders, please visit their website at www.flowtraders.com
For more information about our Case Sponsor, MathWorks, please visit their website at www.mathworks.com
For more information about our Case Sponsor, S&P Global Market Intelligence, please visit their website at http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/
Partner Sponsors - Bronze Level
For more information about our Partner Sponsor, OptionMetrics, please visit their website at www.optionmetrics.com
For more information about our Partner Sponsor, Master of Financial Risk Management at Rotman, please visit their website at http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/MastersPrograms/MFRM